Do you have difficulty in your relationships with others or with yourself? Romantic partners and/or spouses, family members (including children, extended or blended family members), coworkers, bosses, friends, or any other people who you are seeking support from or connection with? Do you have difficulty with shame, anxiety and/or depression, or other emotions as a result? Do you feel like you want and/or need to talk to someone who can help you figure out your current situation because what you have tried isn't working?
If so, my services can help:
~Relational therapy and systemic therapy for Individuals, Couples, Children, and Families
~Ways of navigating life's challenges, relationships, and transitions (see services page)
I focus on helping you (and those in the room- if applicable) deepen and explore your relationships from what you may carry with you; our work can create new chapters and new meaning through a collaborative, empowering, and encouraging approach that fosters yours and others' autonomy.
My approach to therapy when working with you is that they are the expert of your own life because you have lived your life longer than I have known you; you have made choices in your life with the information that you have had and the tools you obtained through your life. I believe that you have already made meaning of your situation through prior experiences. After creating a therapeutic connection, I see my role as being a flashlight in a dark cave (like a trusted guide), collaborating with you, and shedding light on different experiences, in hopes of co-creating new meaning with you to expand your life’s choices and possibilities. I believe in a client centered, strength based approach with those in the room.
I also believe in viewing the process of therapy comparable to two metaphors: physical exercise with a trainer and getting a haircut with a hair dresser. The client will get the most out of therapy when they are putting in their own effort (like with doing the physical exercise) in addition to the help of a trusted advisor (tools, trainers, etc.) ; rather than sitting for someone to perform an action for them based on their expertise (getting a haircut with a professional hairdresser).
Please browse this website and contact me from the information below or from the contact tab for your complementary 15 minute phone consultation and a discussion of the initial steps of the therapy process.
is a little bit about me and my office:
- The office is located in midtown Sacramento, close to many of the downtown public office buildings, has its own parking lot, and is close to public transportation. It is also near the Sacramento Bee office buildings.
- I have earned both a masters degree and a Ph.D. in Marriage in Family Therapy (from COAMFTE accredited programs); both COAMFTE and doctoral training require additional training; areas of focus are: specialization, more in depth training in relational dynamics, systemic approaches, systemic contexts, as well as a focus on integrating research. COAMFTE is the accrediting body for specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy that undertakes extensive evaluation and training.
- I have also worked in variety of clinical settings, and with a variety of diverse individuals, couples, and families within many areas. I have also taught in both COAMFTE and non-COAMFTE accredited programs.
- I have been practicing for over 16 years currently.
- I have completed my AAMFT supervision credential, and am now an AAMFT approved supervisor. AAMFT is the national association of Marriage and Family Therapists, and requires an in-depth supervisor training that needs to be renewed every 5 years with current requirements and is aligned with COAMFTE requirements.
- Because of my multiple roles (professor, therapist, clinical supervisor, dissertation advisor), I am influenced by cutting edge research and new ideas. I have also published on diverse topics related to my specialty of interracial couples and diversity.
- In balancing my role as a professor, and an LMFT, I get to keep my practice small, so that I can devote the needed time, connection, attention, and commitment to my clients. I primarily see clients on Tuesdays. During certain times of the year, my schedule will be more flexible, so please inquire within for when I could possibly meet with you.
- Being a Southeast Asian American female, I have personal experience of navigating between multiple worlds’, contexts, and relationships, and understand the role of context and various dimensions of culture in your life just as your experience is specific and unique to you. I look forward to our journey together in exploring your world and what it means to you and your family.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!
I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Interested in services or more information?
Get in touch:
1) By phone, leaving a message (949-441-5655) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible, within 24 hours, excluding holidays and Sundays).
2) Through the form below and I'll get back to you as soon as possible, within 24 hours, excluding holidays and Sundays.
My office is located in Sacramento, CA.
Desafortunadamente en este momento, los servicios no se proporcionan en español
*Please seek local emergency services first if going through a life threatening situation.
**I am committed to your privacy. Do not include confidential or private information regarding your health condition in this form or any other form found on this website. This form is for general questions or messages to the practitioner.**